The other day I was out thrift shopping at the local Restore and found these amazing wood bowls. I purchased them not knowing exactly what they would be used for, but I knew I wanted to create some type of wall art. After I finished my thrift store haul I stopped by JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts and started gathering supplies for my projects. I purchased a variety of paints, yarn, and three very cool pendants for necklaces. Once I returned home my ideas starting coming together. I knew I wanted to create something Boho inspired with a geometric flair, so I started by perusing Pinterest for ideas. It wasn't long before I started cutting out different shapes from tag board and assembling these shapes into different geometric patterns. From there I converted these geometric patterns into painted images on paper. Once I was satisfied with my creations I taped off the different images in the bottom of the bowls and painted until my heart was content. Here is what I created and I hope it inspires you to turn your everyday items into art.
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Wash tiles and let dry
2. Cut fabric into 3.75 inch squares
3. Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to first tile using paint brush
4. Immediately apply first square of fabric and brush mod podge over fabric and tile.
5. Repeat on steps 3 & 4 to remaining tiles, then let dry for at least 1 hour
6. Once all tiles have dried apply a second coat of mod podge
7. Cut cork into 4 inch squares and carefully apply to the underside of tiles.
8. Let cure 24 hours before using
Video of Steps 3-7
Inspire to Gather
Welcome to our website and blog. We are so pleased you have decided to stop by and join us on this wonderfully crazy journey called life. Here you will find inspiration to create a warm and inviting home, along with tips and ideas for throwing a beautiful gathering, some of our favorite recipes and products, along with little bits and pieces of our own lives. So get comfy and enjoy!!
Let us help
Return and Refund Policy
Subscribe for inspiration, new product release and exclusive member only content.
Share Your Inspiration